We provide leadership for the Center’s overall strategic planning, including scientific leadership and oversight using a community-based approach and the core principles of Community-Based Participatory Research (CBPR). This Core maintains external communications with the funding agency, the National Institute on Minority Health and Health Disparities (NIMHD), and provides administrative support for all of the Center’s components, as well as facilitate the expansion of consortium partnerships under the umbrella of the Center. The Administrative Core coordinates, administers, guides, supports, reviews, and manages FCHES activities, and facilitates collaborations within and outside of the Center.
What We Do
- Develop and set Center policy
- Provide overall guidance and direction for the Center
- Support activities that are sponsored by the Center
- Monitor the development and progression of the Center’s two multi-level intervention studies, The Church Challenge and Strengthening Flint Families
- Provide overall Center evaluation of other cores and multi-level intervention studies.
- Receive outside evaluation and guidance from the Center’s Consortium Steering Committee and Data and Safety Management Board
- Research Performance Progress Reports to the NIMHD
- Promote collaborations between the NIMHD, all Center partners and Flint and Genesee County
- Manage the Center’s communication channels (email, website, and Facebook)
Key Staff Members
- Public Relations: Geri Kelley, B.S., M.M. (Geri.Kelley@hc.msu.edu)
- Program Manager: Keosha Corder, B.S., M.S. (Keosha.Corder@hc.msu.edu)
- Research Assistant: Clara Barajas, M.P.H. (Clara-Belen.Barajas@hc.msu.edu)
- Research Assistant: Jennifer Brooks (email@example.com)
- Center Steering Committee Co-Chair: Laurie Van Egeren, Ph.D. (Vanegere@msu.edu)
- Center Steering Committee Co-Chair: Sheridan Todd Yeary, Ph.D.