One priority of the Flint Center for Health Equity Solutions Dissemination and Implementation Science Core is to: “Communicate Center findings locally and nationally.” We do this through a rigorous but
The Dissemination Process
First and foremost, thank you for prioritizing Flint in your research! We are here to help you disseminate and implement your findings. The first few questions you might consider when drafting a proposal are…
- Who will your audience be?
- What data will you be using?
- Is the presentation formal or informal?
There are 2 types of Dissemination Request reviews:
- Expedited Review; examples: non-scientific publications, all community products, and colloquia, conference presentations, and conference proceedings
- Full Review; examples: scientific publications, technical, and protocol papers
Both types of reviews require you to submit a Dissemination Request.
After you submit your request, you will get feedback about whether it is under Expedited Review or Full Review. In either case, you will receive full details on the next steps. As of 2019, the Center plans to review all submissions every month and provide feedback on all proposals within one month’s time.
Expedited Review Process
If your request is eligible for an Expedited Review your product will be reviewed by the DISC and Administrative Core. Note: All community products are reviewed by the Community Review Team, whose members are from the FCHES Consortium Core. You will receive feedback about your product and once approved it is posted in our Products Directory. Click here to view the list of all products in the directory.
Full Review Process
If your request is eligible for a Full Review, it completes a two-step approval process followed by the author returning a published product to the FCHES Scientific Publications Coordinator.
When you submit a Dissemination Request, your product enters the proposal phase. Once reviewed, you will receive feedback about whether
After you submit your product draft, you will get feedback about whether it has been fully approved for submission. Once your product has received full approval, you are ready to submit your publication!
After we receive your product or publication, our SPC will post it in our Products Directory. Click here to view the list of all products in the directory.
Glossary and Acronyms
- ADM: Administrative Core
- DISC: Dissemination and Implementation Science Core
- FCHES: Flint Center for Health Equity Solutions
- CRT: Consortium Core: Community Review Team
- D&I: Dissemination and Implementation
- PI: Academic Principal Investigator
- Co-I: Community Investigator
- SPC: Scientific Publications Coordinator
- CDC: Community Publications Coordinator
- PDPP: Publication and Dissemination Policy and Procedures
Ready to submit a dissemination request? Click here